Tuesday 31 July 2007

Recording Session


Sunday evening saw brother Jon paying my studio a visit. He was there to record tracks for my ukulele CD for children. With the deadline looming I knew a visit from Jon would bring some of his musical magic to the project. He is a super-talented musician and has lent his keyboard skills to the 'Ukulele Revolution' song and will feature on one of Craig Robertson's forthcoming CDs. We of course helped the whole thing along with a few glasses of 'Old Speckled Hen'.

For recording I use a PC running Cubasesx, a couple of good mics and a small valve preamp. The rest is in having good quality instruments and playing them as well as I can. It also helps to have my brother to come in and play so marvelously.

On a previous session Jon played piano for a version of 'Moonglow', I sang and played ukulele.

You can download and listen to the mp3 of 'Moonglow' by clicking here.

BSY
Nipper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nipper and Jon, that sure sounds sweet!

Moonglow is a bit of a fave of mine. I learned it many years ago from an old Readers Digest song book. I've never heard it played, but that's pretty much how I've imagined it should sound. I find its also fun to do it "double time" (or even faster) with a rock-shuffle feel.

Cheers!

Nipper said...

Thanks Stewart,
I shall try playing it that way too.

Best
Nipper