Wednesday 25 July 2007

Josephine Baker Ukulele

A few months ago I suggested to Moogly Moo she might paint a Josephine Baker design on a ukulele. She has been so busy with various commissions the idea remained on hold until last week when she painted this little beauty. The ukulele is a Bruko solid okoume soprano and the design is painted with acrylics and then gloss lacquered for a hard finish. The neck was originally painted and so rather than lacquer it I applied a natural bees wax polish. I strung it with Ko'olau Gold strings as these match the design. As with all of Moogly Moo's painted ukuleles the sound is unaffected by the painting and the uke is nice to play.


You can check out more of Moogly Moo's Painted Ukuleles at www.paintedukuleles.com

Now what shall I do with this one, to keep or to sell?

BSY
Nipper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another beaut, Mandy.

- TonyS -

Anonymous said...

There's a coincidence. I've just written a blog post about art ukes and included Moogly. Looks like I need to update.